PUNE: Barun Jha, joint editor of Press Trust of India (PTI) and Madan Bahal, Managing Director of Adfactors have been felicitated with prestigious PRCI awards at the 12th Global Communication Conclave held at Pune over the week-end.
Barun has won the Chanakya Award under media person of the year (print) and Chandramohan Puppala under electronic categories, while Madan has been felicitated with the Communicator of the Decade (K R Singh Memorial award).
Most experienced film and entertainment professional Amit Khanna has been awarded the Communicator of the Year under Films while young writer Varsha Seshan under literature.
G Srinivasan, CMD of the country’s largest non-life insurer New India Assurance Company Limited has been honoured with the Financial Communicator of the Year award.
Cochin Shipyard has won the Corporate Citizen of the Year award, India’s second largest tractor maker TAFE the Communication idea of the year (for Farm Dost) and CMS Infosystems the Organisation of the Year for Excellence in PR.
Here is the complete list of the awardees under various categories:
PRCI Chanakya Awards – 2018
- Corporate Citizen of The Year: Cochin Shipyard:
- Organisation of The Year (Excellence in PR): CMS Infosystems
- Organisation of the Year (Health & Safety(: Indian Oil Corporation, Western Zone, Mumbai
- Media Personality of The Year
- Electronic: Chandramohan Puppala – the man who launched FOUR TV channels. Mumbai
- Print: Barun Jha, Joint Editor, PTI. Delhi –
- Asian Indian of The Year – Giving Bck to the society: Stanley Daniel, Dubai
- CSR – Sivanappa Krishnappa, BWSSB
- Communicator of the Year
- Corporate Communications: Jyoti Kumar, GAIL
- Internal Communication: Renu Karkal, Indian OIl
- HR: Prof RSS Mani
- Marcom: Ajay Kakar, Aditya Birla Financial Services group:
- Operations Management: B K Singh, Indian Oil
- Public Communication (Govt PR): Devendra Bhujbal, DG PR, Govt of Maharashtra
- Film: Amit Khanna
- Literature: Varsha Seshan, Children’s book writer
- Art/Music/Culture/Drama: Dr Choodamani Nandagopal
- Sport Communication: Nupur Mahajan, Communication Adviser – Govt of Odisha
- Crisis Communication: Sanjay tripathi, IOCL – North
- Strategic Communication: Aloke Singh, IOCL – Eastern region
- Financial Communication: G Srinivasan. CMD, New India Assurance.
- Communication Idea of The Year: Farmdost – TAFE:
- Young Visionary of The Year: Sayali Karanjar, Paysense:
- Most Promising PR Person of The Year: Rahul Taekwani, Concept PR:
- Mass Communication Trainer of The Year: National – Prof Madhavi Reddy, Pune University:
- Mass Communication Institution of the Year – National: Symbiosis Centre for Mass Communication, Pune:
- NGO of The Year: Sevalay, Latur & Smile Charitable Trust
- PR Agency of The Year: Adfactors
- Business School of The Year: MIT School of Management, Pune
- Business School of the Year – International: IMeg, Switzerland
- Lifetime Achievement Award: K N Ashok Kumar, Bengaluru.
- Jury Special Award – Communication: Praveen Mudholkar, News 18
- Jury Special Award – Entertainment Communication: Pritam Sharma.
- Jury Special Award – Communication through Social Service: Biswajit Das
- Promising PR Person: Sadia Farrukh
- Jury Special Award – Communication through Literature: K K Rattu
- Jury Special for Better Environment: Rajiv Rathod
Dr KR Singh Memorial Award: Communicator Of The Decade : Madan Bahl, Adfactors
N D Rajpal Memorial Award: Lifetime Achievement: Roma Balwani
Dr Anil Basu Memorial Award: Excellence In Public Relations: Sushil Bahl
Dr M V Kamath Memorial Award – Excellence In Journalism: Prakash Dubey, Group editor, Dainik Bhaskar
Dr Nadig Krishnamurthy Memorial Award – Excellence in journalism & Communication: G Ulaganathan
The Following were inducted into the PR Hall of Fame
- J P Sharma
- JP Dhoundiyal
- Nandini Chatterjee
- Ashok Panda
- Sunitha Subramaniyan
- Sukanya Das
- A N Prahlada Rao
- Sukanya Das
- Snigdha Goswami
- Shiv Harsha Suhalka